EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (GHANA)
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop Obuasi Gold Mine into modern efficient and long term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day ore mined. We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join dedicated senior management team as:
SENIOR MANAGER – HUMAN RESOURCES
Role Purpose and Context
To develop and implement effective organizational development and human resources management strategy and action plans which drive the organization-wide planned change, accountability-based culture, design components, people management programmes and processes required to support the broader business unit strategy and taking congnisance of corporate HR strategic objectives and programmes. This role plays a business strategic partner role to Managing Director and management teams, an employee sponsor or advocate and a change facilitator, and at the same time implementing fit for purpose management and people solutions and interventions which will develop the requisite human resource core competencies, behaviors and attitudes required for the achievement of the business objectives.
SUMMARY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
Organizational Development and Effectiveness
- Design and structure the organization under the guidance of the Managing Director and in collaboration with the site senior management teams and line managers
- Align the organizational structure to support the business strategy, structure and business processes and behaviour into an effective accountability based organizational culture to deliver set business goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive labour relations strategy that is aligned with the mine business and human resources strategies, and execution plan to support and drive sustainable business performance and improves management union relationship and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Design and structure the organization under the guidance of the Managing Director and in collaboration with the site senior management teams and line managers.
Training and Development
- Develop and manage an appropriate training and development system in conjuction with line management and discipline requirements, based on an effective training needs analysis and gap closing strategies.
Remuneration and Condition of Employment
- Develop, implement and maintain competitive, fair and sustainable remuneration and benefits system within the limits defined within the group
- Develop a Conditions of Employment for all Obuasi mine employees as per market, industry practice and within the limits defined within the groups.
Human Resources Administration, Planning and Reporting
- Written area of accountability instill managerial leadership practices that reflect the company values in action and maintain high morale among all employees and demonstrate a culture of achievement and integrity within team.
- Design and implement new processes and practices to maintain and optimize Human Resource information ensuring the quality and data integrity of information in HR systems, including delivering reports of high –quality and relevant Human Resources information.
- Model behavior that is consistent with the AGA Safety and Environment Vision and Values; Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues within area of accountability; and ensuring the appropriate focus and resource are available to achieve safety objectives.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
A Bachelor ‘s degree in Human Resource Management/Industrial Psychology/Social Science/ Business Administration or equivalent
Minimum of ten (10) years experiences of which five (5+) years should be at a senior management level with substantial knowledge and experience in an organizational development & effectiveness and human resource discipline within the mining or heavy manufacturing sectors and large-scale transformation.
- Human Resource Functional Knowledge
- Organizational Design and Development
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Employee Development
- Team management
- Resource utilization
- Workforce planning
- Project management
- Negotiation skills
- Management Development and Training
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork and Developing Others. Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself –Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships- The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability –Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Creating Organizational Transformation –Displaying strategic perspective in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
- Maximizing Performance Results –Solving problems and analyzing issues; driving for results
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should forward their applications, with detailed CV by email to the Human Resource Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st March, 2018.