CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT MODEC
MODEC is a dynamic multi-national company operating from more than 25 countries and employing over 2500 people. We provide Floating Production Systems Operating (FPSO) and Maintenance Services around the world with regional office in Ghana providing operational services for the Jubilee Fields.
- METERING ENGINEER
Provide daily and ongoing Metering engineering onshore support to the MODEC Ghana `Facility Operations. The MODEC Ghana Metering Engineer role is to complete the Metering engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specifically acting as Technical focal point for day-day Metering equipment issues & support for work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Dispensation/deviation processing – Raise dispensation request for occurrences when operation is necessary out with contractual or regulatory Will work with relevant governmental bodies to request a formal dispensation based on information from the assets and mitigating measures. Will inform Technical Authority (TA) about granted dispensation and maintain a register of dispensations. Inform Technical Authority (TA) if the situation of the granted dispensation is resolved and operation modus is back in normal status.
- Calibration performance review – Analyze calibration data for improvement to the year plan and to detect a mismeasurement. Based on calibration results the level of maintenance and/or the frequency can be adjusted.
- Identify, reviewand approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the Metering components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Degree and significant experience in measurement or HNC /HND and very significant experience in measurement
- 10years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with floating Production
- A proven track record of working on liquid and gas flow measurement systems and a good workingknowledge of their principles of operation.
- Recognition in industry as an Oil and Gas measurement practitioner.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system, preferably MAXIMO
- Experience with a major oil and gas company.
- OPERATIONS MANAGER
- To Manage Operations activities to ensure all the requirements of the TEN FPSO Operations and Maintenance contract are fulfilled to permit the safe, efficient start of production operations in line with the project plan.
- To manage the TEN FPSO Operations budget and ensure timely invoicing to client.
- To recruit suitably skilled and qualified personnel for the TEN FPSO core crew and to ensure they are suitably trained and competent to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all Operations activities are conducted safely and with due regard to the
- Ensure TEN FPSO Operation budget performance is effectively managed and reported.
- Developthe TEN Safety Management system (SMS) and Operations Management System (OMS) document suites and achieve accreditation to ISO 14OO1 and OHSAS 18OO1 standards and ISM Code.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience as the onshore Operations Manager for an operational FPSO
- At least 10 years of experience in offshore oil and gas operations, including senior supervisory position (preferably OIM)in FPSO operations.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of dudget development and control
- Preference for personnel with international experience
- Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- TECHNICAL MANAGER-MAINTENANCE AND INTEGRITY MANAGER
- Ensure that the facilities are being operated and maintained in a cost effective manner that compiles with the requirement s of MODEC corporate policy and the Safety/Operations Management Systems (OMS).
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, classification society rules, flag state rules and design code. (ABS/DNV).
- Provide day to day operations support to the Operations Manager
- Provide technical advice/support to the Accra Operations Office
- Provide inputto production shutdown planning and on-site shutdown supervision
- Reviewand /or prepare the following procedures;
- Safety /Operations Management System
- Temporary Work instructions.
- Job Safety Analysis
- All procedures deemed necessary for the safe operation of the facilities
- A degree in mechanical, petroleum or other relevant engineering discipline or an advanced relevant marine qualification combined with extensive offshore experience with offshore floating production
- At least 10 years in an offshore oil and gas industry, 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- A sound understanding of oil and gas principles (preferably with exposure to FPSO operations).
- Demonstrate ability to work with a diverse group of people ranging from technical staff to onsite operations personnel.
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Provides daily and ongoing electrical engineering support to the MODEC Ghana Facility Operations. The MODEC Ghana Electrical Engineer’s role is to assist to complete the Electrical engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all O&M activities and for Management of Change or specific maintenance production work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
- As directed, provides Electrical Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility. Assist to ensure the technical and operational integrity of all electrical offshore oil and gas equipment including (but not limited to);LV Motors, HV Motors, switchgear, alternators, Ex-rated Equipment (maintaining certification), electrical protection equipment, UPS and battery systems.
- Provides electrical engineering support to the FPSO technicians, engineers and managers. Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with HV/LV electrical systems and power control is desirable, specifically for O&M requirement of HV/LV electrical systems and power control and /or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
- Analyses and reports finding on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to Electrical & power management operational issues & troubleshooting. Identifies any area of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the Senior Electrical Engineer with respect to the electrical change request work activities and any identified issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Highly desirable experienced Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technician, with experienceon offshore facilities or process with HV/LV systems UPS, Motors and Power Generation systems.
- 5 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Formal qualification in Ex/HAEE hazardous Area Rated Electrical Equipment.
- Knowledgeof the maintenance management system Maximo or the CMMS
- Generator systems, PLC’s, Power Management & Synchronizing facilities.
- Protection systems of Electrical Equipment and power Generation
- CAP 437 lighting systems & requirements.
- Switchgear, transformers, cabling requirement, Circuit breakers, Emergency Systems, UPS systems.
- Interactions between Electrical System and Process Control & Shutdown safety Instrumentation System, Emergency Shutdown System, SIFs/SIL-rated devices.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
MODEC Ghana Limited DOES NOT charge prospective candidates any fees
Deadline FOR APPLICATIONS: 25THJUNE, 2018