31 companies, 11 individuals honoured at 2019 Oil and Gas Awards
Thirty-one companies and 11 individuals who have achieved great feat in the oil and gas sector, were awarded at the 2019 Oil and Gas Awards (GOGA) held at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra.
The event dedicated to championing excellence recognised the contributions of these individuals and companies dedicated to growing the country’s energy sector.
Special recognition was also conferred on some individuals for their remarkable leadership skills that improved the image and output of the sector at the sixth edition of the awards, organised by Xodus Communications.
Also, Fidelity Bank, Hills Oil Marketing Company Limited and James K Ahiadome Transport Company Limited were inducted into the Oil and Gas Awards Hall of Fame.
The CEO of Petroleum Solutions Limited (Petrosol), Michael Bozumbil was adjudged Oil and Gas Personality of the Year (Downstream) while the CEO of Adonai Shipping, SN Dowuona Owoo, received Oil and Gas Personality of the Year (Upstream).
Dr Kofi Amoa-Abban, CEO of Rigworld International Solutions also won the CEO of the Year (Upstream).
The CEO of James K. Ahiadome Company Limited received the CEO of the Year (Upstream) whiles Rev. Dr Kwaku Frimpong of Frimps Oil was adjudged the Entrepreneur of the Year.
Special awards were also given to some individuals and companies for their outstanding contribution to the industry.
Xpress Gas Limited‘s Swap & Go was awarded the Innovative Product of the Year, Moses Kobla Aklorbortu of the Daily Graphic received the Oil and Gas Journalist while ENI Ghana Exploration and Production Company Ltd. won Excellence in Drilling and Exploration award.
The rest include Yaa Amoako-Adu of Integrity Logistics and Consult Ltd, who received the Young Achiever award; AI Energy Group was named the IMO 2020 Fuel Compliance Company and Blue Ocean International Limited took home the product Supply Reliability Award.
Meridian Logistics and Engineering Limited won the Oil and Gas Logistics Company, Republic Bank Ghana took the Oil and Gas Financial Service Provider, Ghana Oil Company (GOIL) won the Oil Marketing Company with James K. Ahiadome Transport and Total Quartz 9000 receiving the Haulage Company of the Year and Lubricant Product of the Year respectively.
The Local Content Initiative Award went to Modec Production Services Ghana JV Ltd, the Oil and Gas Institution was presented to Rigworld Training Centre and the Marketing Campaign of the Year to Vivo Energy Loyalty Campaign.
The Depot of the Year was conferred on Tema Multiple Product Terminal, Bulk Oil Distributing Company to Juwel Energy Limited, while the LP Marketing Company went to Manbah Gas Company Limited
The Oil and Gas Service Company Bunkering, Lifting, Shipping were swept by AI Energy Group, Adonai Shipping Limited and Jonmoore International Limited, respectively.
The Promising Oil and Gas Company was won by Rigworld Solutions, Excellence in CSR (Downstream) by Vivo Energy Shell Licensee Excellence in CSR (Upstream) by ENI Ghana Exploration and Production Company Limited.
Below is the full list of winners
- INNOVATIVE PRODUCT OF THE YEAR – Xpress Gas Limited- Swap & Go
- OIL AND GAS JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR – Moses Kobla Aklorbortu- Daily Graphic
- EXCELLENCE IN DRILLING AND EXPLORATION – ENI Ghana Exploration and Production Company Ltd
- YOUNG ACHIEVER AWARD – Yaa Amoako- Adu – Integrity Logistics and Consult Ltd
- IMO 2020 FUEL COMPLAINTS COMPANY – AI Energy Group
- PRODUCT SUPPLY RELIABILITY AWARD – Blue Ocean Investments Limited
- PROMISING OIL AND GAS COMPANY OF THE YEAR (UPSTREAM) – Rigworld Solutions
- OIL AND GAS INSTITUTION OF THE YEAR – Rigworld Training Center
- DEPOT OF THE YEAR – Tema Multiple Product Terminal (TMPT)
- POLICY ACTIVIST OF THE YEAR – Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP)
- PETROLEUM RETAILER OF THE YEAR – Manbah Gas Company Limited
- PROMISING OIL AND GAS COMPANY OF THE YEAR (DOWNSTREAM) – Andev Company Limited
- OIL AND GAS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR (DOWNSTREAM) – Michael Bozumbil- Petroleum Solutions Ltd (Petrosol)
- OIL AND GAS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR (UPSTREAM) – S.N.Dowuona Owoo- Adonai Shipping Limited
- HAULAGE COMPANY OF THE YEAR – J.K Horgle Transport & Company Ltd
- LUBRICANT PRODUCT OF THE YEAR – Total Quartz 9000
- LOCAL CONTENT INITIATIVE AWARD – Modec Production Services Ghana JV Limited
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR – Vivo Energy Loyalty Campaign
- LPG MARKETING COMPANY OF THE YEAR – Manbah Gas Company Limited
- OIL AND GAS SERVICE COMPANY OF THE YEAR (LIFTING) – Jonmoore International Limited
- OIL AND GAS SERVICE COMPANY OF THE YEAR (BUNKERING) – AI Energy Group
- OIL AND GAS SERVICE COMPANY OF THE YEAR (SHIPPING) – Adonai Shipping Limited
- BEST GROWING OIL AND GAS COMPANY – Pacific Oil Ghana Limited
- EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (DOWNSTREAM) – Vivo Energy-Shell Licensee
- EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (UPSTREAM) – ENI Ghana Exploration & Production Company Ltd
- EXCELLENCE IN HSEQ(UPSTREAM) – J.K. Horgle Transport & Company Limited
- EXCELLENCE IN HSEQ(UPSTREAM) – Rigworld Solutions
- EMERGING BRAND OF THE YEAR– Xpress Gas Limited
- BRAND OF THE YEAR – Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd
- INDIGENOUS OIL COMPANY OF THE YEAR (DOWNSTREAM) – Juwel Energy Limited
- INDIGENOUS OIL COMPANY OF THE YEAR (UPSTREAM) – Seaweld Engineering Limited
- OIL AND GAS INSURANCE BROKER OF THE YEAR – KEK Insurance Brokers Ltd
- ENGINEERING/CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OF THE YEAR – Meridian Logistics & Engineering Limited
- PETROLEUM RETAILER OF THE YEAR – Manbah Gas Company Limited
- DEALER OF THE YEAR (SILVER) – Michael Obiri-Kumi – Ashiaman Total Service Station
- DEALER OF THE YEAR (GOLD) – Aretha Barkers-Woode – Burma Camp Goil Station
- DEALER OF THE YEAR (PLATINUM) Berchie Acheamfour- Shalom Oil
- OIL AND GAS FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDER OF THE YEAR – Republic Bank Ghana
- OIL MARKETING COMPANY OF THE YEAR – GOIL Company Limited
- BULK OIL DISTRIBUTING COMPANY OF THE YEAR– Juwel Energy Limited
- OIL AND GAS LOGISTICS COMPANY OF THE YEAR– Meridian Logistics and Engineering Limited
- ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR (DOWNSTREAM)– Rev. Dr Kwaku Frimpong –Frimps Oil
- CEO OF THE YEAR (UPSTREAM) – Dr Kofi Amoa-Abban- Rigworld International Services
- CEO OF THE YEAR (DOWNSTREAM) – James K Ahiadome- James K Ahiadome Transport & Co Ltd